Get impeccable, effective Spanish texts, delivered on time.
You have just received the translation that you asked for. But you feel that it does not project your company’s image. These are very frustrating situations. I’ve experienced them myself. They leave you feeling let down, with hardly any time to react, and with a text that isn’t fit for purpose:
– The translator you hired didn’t follow your instructions
– They did not meet their deadline
– The editor failed to bring up a crucial question about technical terminology
That is why you need a trustworthy, expert professional. Someone with enough experience in the sector to know how to resolve any IT complications that may arise. A specialist with the skills to offer you decisive guidance, and who can justify every decision they make, on linguistic grounds. You need a linguist who understands that every decision matters, and who can empathise with you, be available to assist you and put themselves in your place.
Enjoy the peace of mind of a job well done.
Save time in a smooth process and exceed your expectations.
I’m Marián and I translate from German and English into Spanish. I’m an expert in text quality control. I help project managers and small European companies exceed the expectations of their customers, by providing high-quality, effective Spanish texts, on time.
After more than 17 years as an in-house project manager and specialist translator, I have first-hand experience of the needs and difficulties project managers encounter every day.
LET’S WORK TOGETHER
English into Spanish and German into Spanish
Translation, third party revision, correction, final correction of format (proofreading), website localization, software localization, translation tools training, project management.
Fields of expertise:
- Advertising and Marketing
- Electromedicine (medical devices)
- Engineering (Industry)
- IT (Information Technology)
- Computers: Software and Hardware
- Travel / Tourism
Type of texts:
Data sheets, reports, correspondence, research papers, specification sheets, press releases, contracts, user guides, installation guides, online courses, catalogues, product descriptions, presentations
- MA in Translation and New Information Technologies (Tradumática) Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, 2004-2005
- BA. In Translation and Interpreting (English, French and German) Universidad de Granada, 2000-2004
- CAT Tools: Trados Studio 2019, MemoQ
- Proofreading: Adobe Acrobat, MS Word
- Operating System: Windows 10
Experience in translation
- 5-year experience as translation PM
Review and proofreading of third-party translations (in-house and freelance translators). Quality assurance: client feedback evaluation and follow-up, integration of these changes into linguistic assets, coordination with clients and linguists), ultimate responsibility
- Experience as a professional translator and editor since 2002 Fields of expertise: Engineering, Medicine, Marketing, New Technologies, Software Localization. Cooperation as terminologist with NGO Naya Nagar.
- Spanish language copywriting course
Escuela de Copywriting, Madrid, 2016
- Professional proofreading course
Cálamo y Cran, Madrid, 2015
- Certificate of Training SDL Trados Studio
Locdep, Madrid, 2011
- Xbench checklists and regular expressions
Hermes Traducciones, Madrid, 2011
- MT and postediting
Hermes Traducciones, Madrid, 2013
- Introduction to online help and localization
Hermes Traducciones, Madrid, 2013
If you wish, you can download my resume in English.